Unfinished Portrait of Aurora and Marian

"Portrait of Aurora and Marian" This is an unfinished portrait of my mother Aurora with Marian created about the mid 80's. I still vividly remember the photo where this painting was referenced to. Looking at this acrylic painting, I am constantly reminded of that lost picture because this was precisely how they look it which makes me always say to my father, "Do not touch anything on this portrait but the background, 'cause you do not have the photo anymore and you might distort it from how I remember it." This is quite the funny sentiment I carry with this painting. My mother was wearing a veil before the start of the Mass when the picture was taken and the painting was created within 2 days and left untouched from then.


Some joke: (As the saying goes, "Laughter is the best medicine"): This one is in season.

Late one night, a mugger wearing a ski mask jumped into the path of a well-dressed man and stuck a gun in his ribs. 'Give me your money,' he demanded. Indignantly, the affluent man replied, 'You can't do this- I'm a politician!' 'In that case' replied the robber, 'give me my money!' Joke by Scribd (Readers Digest Best Jokes)

4 comments:

  1. Great great great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. any other portrait of her or of his sibblings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a piece of droll memory to share: One day I sneak into my father’s studio few mins right after he finalized his painting. I noticed a water dew on his drawing and it got me panic. I threw a blow on it hoping it will dry but then it made a straight marking on his work as the water dripped and created a line on it. I was very anxious and somewhat nervous that time but he held my hand and said “you did a nice contribution on my work and he grinned”…. he went back to his studio..I saw him scratching his head…hehehe somehow he was displeased (what to do?! “bata eh”)… my father is really a great guy. -mon cempron

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some paintings of my other siblings but they are no where to find just now. There is one of my siblings Mona.

    ReplyDelete

Say what's on your mind?